Losing weight is often not as simple as changing your diet and exercise routines. If you’ve tried everything but still can’t seem to reach your target weight, it may be time to ask for help. At Charleston Pain Relief Center, we offer cutting-edge medical weight loss solutions like semaglutide to deliver impressive weight loss results. We provide each patient with consistent clinical support and personalized lifestyle coaching to ensure they not only achieve their weight loss goals but also improve their whole-body health.
Benefits of Semaglutide
Semaglutide offers several benefits for those seeking medical weight loss:
Sustained Weight Loss
Semaglutide has been shown to deliver better weight loss results than other medications in conjunction with an individualized weight management program.
By regulating the brain’s appetite center, semaglutide slows digestion and helps patients feel less hungry throughout the day. This mechanism reduces appetite and cravings to help patients decrease their caloric intake.
Enhanced Blood Sugar Control
Because semaglutide was originally developed to treat type 2 diabetes, it stimulates blood sugar metabolism, which contributes to successful weight loss.
Improved Cardiovascular Health
Studies have linked semaglutide to a lower risk of serious cardiovascular events, especially for those with type 2 diabetes and existing cardiovascular diseases.
Increased Energy and Overall Health
By helping patients lose excess weight, semaglutide promotes whole-body health and increases energy levels. These results help patients support healthy lifestyle changes for long-term well-being.
Semaglutide Medical Weight Loss
As a clinically proven weight loss medication, semaglutide has helped countless patients reach their weight loss goals. Watch the video to learn how it works and how Charleston Pain Relief Center can help you achieve the best results.
Lipo B Booster Plus “The Skinny Shot”
Charleston Pain Relief Center offers an enhanced version of the “Skinny Shot” to help our patients improve overall health and lose weight at the same time. Learn more about how the Lipo B Booster Plus improves energy, metabolism, mood, fat reduction, and more!
What Is Semaglutide?
Semaglutide is a powerful weight loss solution that belongs to a class of medications called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonists. These medications mimic the effects of the GLP-1 hormone in the brain’s appetite center, helping reduce hunger, increase feelings of fullness, and decrease blood sugar levels. Semaglutide is injected under the skin once a week as part of a comprehensive weight management program overseen by a healthcare professional.
Weight Loss With Semaglutide
Semaglutide was initially developed under the brand name Ozempic® to treat type 2 diabetes by accelerating insulin production. However, clinical studies soon demonstrated that semaglutide is also highly effective for weight loss. These discoveries led to the development of Wegovy®, a weight management medication that is clinically proven to help individuals reach their target weight. Clinical trials have shown that semaglutide can successfully reduce body weight, body mass index (BMI), and waist circumference alongside diet and exercise changes.
Mounjaro / Zepbound (Tirzepatide)
Mounjaro (tirzepatide) is an FDA approved drug created by Lilly for the treatment of diabetes, along with diet and exercise (SURPASS clinical trials). Mounjaro is a single molecule that activates the body’s incretin hormones GIP and GLP1. Incretin hormones are hormones that tell your pancreas to release stored insulin when you eat a meal.
Glp-1 (Glucagon Like Peptide)
- Single molecule made in the small intestine and colon
- Causes the pancreas to make insulin when sugar is in the blood stream, in a dose dependent fashion (the more sugar you have, the more GLP-1 tells the pancreas to release insulin)
- Tells the gastrointestinal tract to slow down digestion
- Slows down carbohydrate absorption (so your blood sugar doesn’t escalate quickly)
- Curbs appetite
- Animal studies show GLP-1 may promote regeneration of the beta cells in the pancreas by fighting programmed cell death (apoptosis).
GIP (Glucose Dependent Insulinotropic Polypeptide)
- Single molecule made in the upper intestinal cells
- Released by the intestinal cell when glucose (sugar) collides with it
- Causes the pancreas’s beta cells to give out insulin
- Insulin pushes sugar in the blood stream into the cell for energy
- Sugar moving out of the blood stream into the cell lowers your blood sugar levels (contributor to diabetes)
- GIP appears to improve beta cell growth and survival
Mounjaro / Zepbound (Tirzepatide) Has Been So Effective In Helping Patients With Diabetes Lower Their Hemoglobin A1c And Obese Patients Lose Weight (Upwards Of 22% Body Mass Loss Over 72 Weeks) That Lilly Is Seeking Fda Approval For Tirzepatide As A Weight Loss Drug
Are You Diabetic Or Need Help Losing Weight? Are You Frustrated With Your Efforts So Far And Need Renewed Hope? Do You Experience:
- water retention
- aches and pains all over from inflammation
- constant hunger or food talk
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- nonalcoholic fatty liver
What Does This Look Like For You?
- If you are a diabetic and your HgbA1C is 9.4% (average blood sugar of 223), taking 15mg of Mounjaro (tirzepatide) once a week could lower your HgbA1C could be 7% (average glucose of 154).
- If you weigh 199 pounds, you could lower your weight to 176 pounds.